Working for a better school for all students present and future.
Killarney Community College Student Council is a representative structure for students through which they will become involved with the affairs of the school, working in partnership with school management staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students.
The Student Council in co-operation with the Principal, staff and students will endeavour to create a better school life for the students in the school.
- It will provide students with opportunities of leadership and will develop a sense of responsibility in all students.
- It will encourage students to become more aware of how the school is run and it will give them a voice in matteres affecting the students.
- The Student Council will become involved in overall school development by being involved in school policy development.
- The Student Council will woork in partnership with the Parents Council.
- The Student Council will undertake a programme of activities which will support students, parents and staff.
- In planning its activities the Student Council will consult with the Principal, Staff and Parents Council.
Democratic Elections take place annually - Term of Office will be for one year (Sept-June). All year groups will be represented on the council. Meeings take place once a fortnight. Students also attend K.E.S. student forum meetings throughout the year.